Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year, New List

So I kept saying that I would post about my New Years resolutions... It seems some people have a serious aversion to "New Years Resolutions" I don't know why. Maybe it's cause people tend to make un attainable goals. Mine may or may not seem unattainable to some. I think we can do whatever we put our minds to. I do think however that those things take alot of effort. You can't just think about your goals, you have to take action!

So I already kinda said one of them... I want to work on my blog more often. I think it's fun to post stuff (especially pictures, cause those are my favorite parts about others blogs) I am also excited to make a book of my blog! Not that I will actually do that, but it would be cool. It's a fast and fun way to keep a "diary" and one day show my kids :)




Another goal is to be more active. Kinda a broad goal, but totally attainable. I feel like lately I have only wanted to go home, put on some PJ's, and totally veg out on our beautiful new couches! While the couches are getting the love they deserve, my health isn't. My parents bought us the kinect and that has helped a little. We also have a pass to the local rock climbing place, and I want to go more often! I love rock climbing. There is something sooooo rewarding when you reach the top of the wall :) At my rock climbing place they also have yoga! I have wanted to get into yoga (on a daily basis) for so long now. It's so refreshing to just stop all of your thoughts, and breathe.


This is our beautiful new couch <3

The last is a pretty darn annoying habit I have been trying to control lately. Night time snacking bingeing. It makes me sick that I can't control it! I won't bore you with the details...but it's something I want to work on. Maybe I will replace food with water? haha replacing one bad habit with another? I guess water is better than a million calories from my "healthy muffins" Or maybe I should eat more veggies like this little dude!




You can't see the veggies here, but if there is one thing we can count on him ACTUALLY eating it's broccoli! Crazy huh?


If I can kick that habit, and go on more hikes then maybe I will lose the weight I keep obsessing over. Better yet, maybe I will learn to just love myself and body in all it's glory! Either way hikes like this one will keep reminding me how much I love my life and family!


So there ya have it. My resolutions...

What are some of your resolutions?

1 comment:

  1. Shani,I know that doing more activities and things you love will keep you in shape and make life more exciting and peaceful. The body responds so amazingly to taking care of it with energy and happy endorphines, it seems so simple and we take it for granted sometimes. I think you are so beautiful and have a fantastic looking healthy glowing body! Love it and keep moving, enjoying life in all its wonderous glory!

    ReplyDelete