Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Curry Shicken

Just kidding! I made Curry Turkey Lurkey :)

I just like to say shicken instead of chicken. I really hope that's how my little man says "chicken nuggets" like this "shick nooguts" That would be awesome!

So anyway, last night I knew I wanted to make dinner. Fuzz and I went shopping at Costco, and like I said in my last post...I am on a money saving kick. So I wanted to use the stuff we made, so that I could take it to work and save money.

So I noticed the ground turkey. Which isn't my favorite because I ate alot of it during my HCG fiasco. Yuck. Don't do HCG, I will elaborate on that at a later time. It's awful.



So I looked in the cabinet for some yummy seasonings, thinking what would be fast and easy. Then I saw my curry powder that I got from a bulk bin, and I thought dang that sounds good! Then I looked further in the cabinet, and I saw a can of coconut milk! That's even better with curry!



So now that I knew what I wanted to season it with I decided that I also wanted to put some veggies in there for good measure. Especially since I don't eat pasta, rice or bread. So I had to have it be super filling somehow.

So my options were like brocolli, cauliflower, mushrooms, mixed veggies, and bell peppers.

I went with brocolli, garlic, and mushrooms. Come to think of it though I probably should have gone with bell peppers too. Those are yummy in curry. Atleast today it sounds like they would be. Either way, I chose my favorites of the bunch :)


Minced Garlic
& chopped mushrooms





So I browned the turkey lurkey.....



Dumped a TON of curry powder on top....

Added coconut milk....



Added shrooms and garlic... the garlic shoulda gone in first... eh oh well!

Then I let it simmer while it heated up the frozen broc ....



When it was done I devoured a bowl, and then I put the rest into tupperware for work.


This morning I woke up when Fuzz left for work, and I was thinking about going straight back to bed. For some reason though my body said, let's work out!

So I did. I picked a Turbo Jam dvd cause I knew it was only 30 minutes. Sounds like just a few measily 30 minutes...but I felt like dying! You can see by my face ;)
Can I just say that working out with glasses on isn't super easy.






2 comments:

  1. you are so funny, I don't think I would ever put curry with turkey, So how was it? Super good or tolerable? Anyway, I have started making some dishes with curry and I have been purchasing the jar paste curry, seems like so much more flavor at least with the red curry. Love ya girl keep creating and moving! PS. Speaking of the way kids say things, my kids loved yogurt when they were little, but they couldn't say yogurt. To this day I say it the way my kids pronounced it, cause I like sayin'it.... O-grit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa that's so funny! I will have to try the curry paste, and it was really good! I needed more salt, but I figured I can salt it when I eat it. Other then that it was delicious. The coconut milk makes the plate though!

    I am so calling it O-grit from now on! We give Dange cereal mixed with yogurt, and we call it "cheeriogurt"

    ReplyDelete