Sunday, November 7, 2010

Here I yam!

I've been inspired! I want to keep a blog that my family and friends can follow. I don't always write in a journal, but I can do a blog! So here is a little about me and my lil family...

I am married to Fuzzy, and we've been together for 3 1/2 years. We got married in September 2008, and it's been the best experience of my life! He is my best friend, and I am so fortunate to have such a good relationship. We both have the same interests, and he is just as weird as I am!



Shortly after we got married, and I mean realllly shortly, I begged him to let us start a family. Thinking back I wonder if it would have been better to wait just a little longer until we could buy a house. However, I wouldn't change it for the world! We got pregnant in December 2008



 and welcomed little Eric Danger in September 2009! He was born 3 days after our 1st year anniversary :)





I love our little man! He's the most interesting thing to me. He definitely tests my patience, but I have learned so much about life and myself just by raising him. I definitely feel that he has made me a better person. His papa is the best papa ever! I love watching the two of them play and interact. I couldn't ask for a better life!



After having Danger I gained 50 pounds! Holy mackeral! That's alot! Needless to say I have been obsessed with wanting to lose the baby weight. Well I am proud to say that I am only 7 pounds away from my pre-baby weight! Woooooo! It's been a long journey! About 6 weeks after having him I dared to weigh myself, and it made me sick :( I weighed exactly the same weight as a few days before going into labor! Yuck... stupid halloween candy. So I purchased Turbo Jam, and I lost about 15 pounds. For those of you that know me though, I am not a patient person. It wasn't happening fast enough, so I decided that I wanted to try HCG. Everyone was raving about how well it worked. So I bought some off Ebay and did the whole shabang. If any of you are interested in doing HCG, I highly recommend you DON'T! It wasn't healthy at all. I was obsessed about food. I was irritated all the time. I was weighing myself way too often, and getting extremely upset that I wasn't losing a pound a day. Plus, looking back I probably lost muscle mass too. When you are wanting to look thin you definitely need to build muscle. In the end I lost 30 pounds doing the HCG, and I am glad I did, but I wish I had understood the importance of working out to lose the weight. We need to be active. Good news though is that I am doing that to get the body I want! My husband and I purchased p90x on a whim in 2008 shortly before getting pregnant. At the time we were not healthy people, so we put one disc in and barely finished 30 minutes then never touched it again. Currently we've been doing p90x for 37 days, and it's been AWESOME! It's certainly hard, but so worth it! Since starting I have lost 7 pounds, and I feel better than I ever have before.

 About 2 weeks ago we also started rock climbing, and I am so glad we did! I think rock climbing is a great "organic" workout. By organic I mean that it doesn't feel like you are working out. It's such an awesome feeling to succeed and reach the top! Balaying down scares the crap out of me though! I am getting over it slowly! Another thing we like about the rock climbing place is that they have a daycare. They also teach yoga, and they have a gym area with treadmills. Plus, their rate is fairly cheap considering what fun it is to climb. I love "people watching" while I am there too. Fuzz will be climbing while I am balaying for him, and I'll get distracted watching freakin ninjas climb on overhangs! It's invigorating! I can't wait til I am able to do that!

So that is my post for the day :)

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy you got a blog! It was fun reading about you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love that you have one too :) I may be asking you questions, cause I've never blogged before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya Shani! Keep up all the healthy stuff you are doing for you and your family! Proud of you girl!

    ReplyDelete